Monday, April 15, 2013

36 Seconds…


I missed qualifying for the 2013 Boston Marathon by 36 seconds.  As I was watching the marathon this morning, I was tearing up looking at the course, and seeing all the ‘normal’ people getting ready to run.  I could have been there…I should have been there.

Now, even an hour after hearing that bombs went off at the Finish Line, I can only think that those 36 seconds might have saved my life or my dad’s life by neither one of us being there this year. 

We runners are a strange grouping, but a family like no other that is not only made up of runners, but our extended family of spectators, volunteers, and those that support us daily.  We will not quit, and I will be at Boston in 2014 – stronger than ever.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims, their families, and friends.  God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment